The tireless Ken Rosenthal is back with some new rumors; below is a brief summary.
- In addition to Armando Benitez, the Giants are looking to trade bench guy Mark Sweeney. Sweeney makes $950K this year and his presence on the team is redundant.
- If the Red Sox don't have room for Kyle Snyder, they'll surely trade him as he's out of options. In addition to the aforementioned Marlins and Nationals, the Reds are interested.
- At RotoAuthority yesterday I mentioned Jon Huber as a possible sleeper closer in Seattle if J.J. Putz's injury is serious. The Mariners have a history of rushing top prospects, so Brandon Morrow is another possibility to jump into the role by summertime.
- The Bucs have some needs: right-handed hitting backup OF, veteran right-handed reliever, and left-handed hitting backup IF. The Twins and Cubs are also in the market for a backup infielder.
- The Marlins could acquire Angel Pagan from the Cubs, perhaps sending Robert Andino back. Sure, why not.