It's all Mark Buehrle, all the time here at MLBTradeRumors. The latest:
- Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times says a lot of the recent confusion stems from semantics. Sure, Buehrle's agent and Kenny Williams haven't spoken. However, intermediaries from both sides have been in contact about a four-year contract extension. It appears that if the White Sox leave Florida tonight without a deal in place, Williams will move forward and trade Buehrle. Cowley says the Mets, Braves, and Dodgers would all be in contention for him. However, I would not be shocked if talks were to extend into the weekend.
- On the other hand, Buehrle's agent Jeff Berry was very clear yesterday afternoon: "There are no ongoing discussions. I don't know what else to say other than there are no ongoing discussions. Maybe the White Sox are trying to gain the interest of other teams."
- The reports of Buehrle signing a 4/50 contract were definitely premature. But Buehrle does prefer Chicago over even St. Louis and Ozzie Guillen thinks he'll stay.
- Scot Gregor could see an agreement happening today.
- Barry Rozner seems to indicate that Jerry Reinsdorf has approved four years, and that a sign and trade could be an option.
- An official with a team looking to acquire Buehrle was told he's off the market. The extension should be in the $50-60MM range.
- Yahoo's Tim Brown says Kenny Williams asked for Mike Pelfrey from the Mets and Jon Lester from the Red Sox for Buehrle.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Latest On Mark Buehrle: