Latest Mark Teixeira Trade Rumors
Mark Teixeira is the biggest name likely to be dealt for the 2007 deadline, so you're going to see millions of rumors until he's physically wearing a different uniform. Here's the latest.
- David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution says "it's going to get done" and he'd be "really, really surprised if it doesn't happen, period." This is not just some guy; this is the Braves' beat writer. He would not be talking this way if he had doubts about the Braves getting their man.
- The L.A. Times sees the Braves as the clear frontrunner. The L.A. Daily News thinks the Angels are out of the running.
- Contrary to this report from yesterday, ESPN's Jayson Stark says the Angels are still in on Teix. He describes it as a chess match with the Angels, Braves, and Rangers - much like Ken Rosenthal did last night.
- Unlike other writers, the Dallas Morning News' Evan Grant seems to indicate that the Dodgers are still involved.
- Dave Sessions of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram suggests the Diamondbacks are now interested in Teixeira, and could perhaps offer Conor Jackson as part of a deal. This rumor seems to have come from left field, but who knows. UPDATE: Rosenthal confirms Arizona's interest, but says their offer isn't on par with that of Atlanta and Los Angeles.