All the sportswriters have had a chance to weigh in on possible destinations for Barry Bonds in 2008. Here's a summary.
- Nate Silver of Baseball Prospectus seems the Padres and A's as the top two possibilities.
- Fielding guru John Dewan rates Bonds' defense ahead of Manny Ramirez, Adam Dunn, Josh Willingham, and Pat Burrell this year. He's still bad, but maybe we shouldn't rule out the NL after all.
- Bruce Jenkins says there's no market but seems to consider Seattle a possibility. Interesting note: Jenkins also mentions that Bonds cleared waivers in August.
- Jack Curry of the New York Times likes the Angels, A's, and Rangers.
- Before we start penciling Bonds into the Oakland lineup, Susan Slusser reminds us that Jack Cust is effective and cheap as the team's DH.
- Rangers manager Ron Washington says he would've liked having Bonds on his team this year. However, he sees the A's as the favorite.
- Kevin Kernan of the New York Post thinks this puts the Giants in the A-Rod sweepstakes. Would Rodriguez want to join a team that is basically rebuilding?
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference More On Bonds: