- The Yankees could get nice consolation prizes in the form of first-round picks if they lose Jorge Posada or Mariano Rivera. For example if the Mets sign Posada the Yankees get their #22 overall pick. If the Phils sign Rivera the Yanks get their #24 overall pick.
- Would the Red Sox offer arbitration to Curt Schilling, even if they're lukewarm about keeping him? He's a Type A.
- If the Mets want to go with the freshly signed Easley at 2B, they can net a pick for Luis Castillo because he's a Type B and will get a multiyear deal.
- I believe Tadahito Iguchi cannot be offered arbitration, so his Type A status doesn't mean much.
- The Cards may snag a pick by offering arbitration to David Eckstein, if they don't want to sign him for three years. He's a Type B.
- It would be odd if Mike Lowell and Alex Rodriguez swapped teams, as the Red Sox would nab their rival's #28 pick and the Yanks would get Boston's #30.
- The Yankees should root for the Mets to sign A-Rod. That way they get the #22 pick next year and the best player moves out of the league.
- Should the Giants offer arbitration to Barry Bonds? He's a Type A but they could be stuck with him.
- The Twins might get a first round pick for Torii Hunter. The Phils could get one for Aaron Rowand. Both are Type A.
- The Braves got screwed - Andruw Jones' awful season knocked him down to a Type B.
- The Brewers could win big with two first-round picks and two supplemental picks if they let Francisco Cordero and Scott Linebrink walk and they sign with the right teams.
- The "bigger" names among starters - Kyle Lohse, Carlos Silva - net no draft picks for the Phils or Twins. It had been previously suggested that Silva was Type B.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Elias Rankings Released:
Mets To Sign Bartolo Colon Mariners Acquire Logan Morrison Mariners To Sign Corey Hart Nationals Acquire Jerry Blevins Pirates Extend Charlie Morton Rockies Acquire Brett Anderson D-Backs Acquire Mark Trumbo In Three-Team Deal With Angels, White Sox White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins To Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros Sign Scott Feldman Mets Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Fernando Rodney Seeking $10MM Per Year Doug Fister's Hidden Value To The Nationals Yankees Turned Down Gardner-For-Phillips Swap Looking At The Market For Kendrys Morales Minor Moves: Wilk, Martin, Hottovy Blue Jays Agree To Sign Tomo Ohka Braves Avoid Arbitration With Jordan Walden Quick Hits: Dodgers, Arroyo, Giants, Axford AL East Rumors: Drew, Balfour, Orioles, Red Sox Orioles Made Offers To Balfour, Axford Shin-Soo Choo Rumors: Wednesday Astros In Serious Discussions With Mike Morse West Notes: Morales, Kemp, Sandoval, Baker Quick Hits: Diaz, Benoit, Axford, Feldman, Ibanez NL Central Rumors: Boggs, Cubs, Pirates, Burnett
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors