And now for your daily jumble o' rumors. More to come.
- The Twins cleared several spots on their 40-man roster...will they be active next week?
- The Yankees have "reached out" to free agent reliever David Riske. Troy Percival and Ron Mahay have also been linked to the Yanks this offseason.
- The Dodgers have an interest in Tony Clark, which has to bum out James Loney. Dylan Hernandez also notes that the Dodgers' talks for Erik Bedard have stalled because the Orioles want to see what happens with Miguel Cabrera first. Ned Colletti expects Jeff Kent back, by the way.
- The Cards won't be afraid to trade their young pitching (Anthony Reyes, Tyler Johnson, and Brad Thompson) for veteran pitching. They also still like Carlos Silva and Kyle Lohse, if the price is right.
- Bob Dutton reports that the Royals' Yasuhiko Yabuta signing will be finalized at week's end. Meanwhile nothing is imminent with Jose Guillen.
- Linked to this earlier in a D'Backs post...the Phils are in "serious talks" with Randy Wolf. As I said there, that shouldn't stop them from going after a more reliable starter.
- Things are heating up between the Twins and Red Sox for Coco Crisp, but that's all Gordon Edes has for us on the topic.
- As expected, the market for Mike Cameron has picked up now that Torii Hunter signed.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Odds and Ends: Riske, Bedard, Wolf: