Ken Rosenthal is back with a column loaded with rumory goodness. Rosenthal's column is like a drug.
- Rosenthal doesn't think the Red Sox will just ignore the availability of Alex Rodriguez, especially if someone lures Mike Lowell away with a five-year offer. Rosenthal suggests a shorter term of five-years, $150MM with option years and opt-outs so that A-Rod could have one more payday as he theoretically approaches Hank Aaron's record.
- Jorge Posada will receive a "monster offer" from the Mets. While the Mets can't move him to DH down the road, they can put him at first base. I've been saying 4/56, but 5/70 isn't out of the question apparently. Posada wants a four-year deal, and won't sign with the Yanks without fielding other offers first. Apparently the Marlins and Blue Jays are also in on him.
- The Nationals may be kicking the tires on big names Torii Hunter and Aaron Rowand, but Jim Bowden is also a big Mike Cameron fan. The Nats do seem a reasonable fit.
- The Cubs are also in on Cameron, in addition to Kosuke Fukudome. Rosenthal suggests the Cubs could put Felix Pie in left if they get Cameron.
- Scott Boras client Kyle Lohse is looking for 4-5 years, $10-11MM annually. No surprise there.
- The Royals are looking to add a starter and a reliever, and maybe a closer if they decide to put Joakim Soria in the rotation.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Rosenthal's Latest: A-Rod, Posada, Cameron: