UPDATE, 12-4-07 at 9:38am: Tom Haudricourt confirms that the Brewers will have access to Rolen's medical records. That the Brewers will take a look indicates they are probably serious about Rolen.
FROM 12-4-07 at 12:14am:
Joe Strauss has a new one in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, presumably for the Tuesday morning edition.
- The Cards have already met twice with the Brewers to talk about Scott Rolen. They're providing medical information to the Brewers, and appear flexible on the amount of salary they need to cover. Teams interested in Rolen can speak directly to the third baseman's doctor and surgeon. Strauss confirms the Rangers and Giants as two other interested parties.
- The Rolen deal may hinge on Miguel Cabrera being traded first. The Cards poked their head in but wouldn't part with Colby Rasmus.
- The Cards are likely to create a third base vacancy, so they've been talking to the Orioles about Miguel Tejada.
- As you know, the Cards met with the Padres to discuss Jim Edmonds. The Friars also have their eye on Anthony Reyes. Maybe the Cards can pry Kevin Kouzmanoff loose?
- Aside from the aforementioned Brewers, Orioles, and Padres, John Mozeliak also met with the Mariners today.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Cardinals Rumors: Rolen, Tejada, Edmonds: