Collection o’ links…
- LENIII has a Johan Santana update…nothing groundbreaking going on, pretty much looks like the Yanks and Red Sox are still both involved.
- The Brewers were apparently pretty deep in discussions for Miguel Tejada during the Winter Meetings.
- After a year out of baseball Javy Lopez is back with the Braves on a minor-league deal. Remember when he slugged .687 with 43 home runs in 457 ABs? Good times.
- Nick Piecoro has some chatter about Orlando Hudson, who hits free agency after the ’08 season. The most interesting part is that Hudson refers to Bob Melvin as "Bo-Mel." It’s the same story with Hudson – he’d like an extension, the D’Backs are noncommittal. You never know – I certainly didn’t expect them to re-up Eric Byrnes. But as of right now it seems like Hudson will walk.
- Alex Rodriguez is not on speaking terms with Scott Boras…let’s all hope they reconcile, they were a great couple.
- Barry Jackson says the Marlins have their eye on Dallas McPherson. The Giants are known to be interested as well.
- Mike Sweeney‘s agent has been in touch with the Royals as well as two other clubs. I think he might have to accept a bench role this year.