It's well-known the Yankees want to improve their bullpen. There's been talk of converting young minor league starters into relief for 2008. Otherwise, who's on the radar?
- A reliever could be acquired for Hideki Matsui - Tyler Kepner suggests Jonathan Sanchez or Kevin Correia. Brad Hennessey is another possibility.
- Kepner says the Yanks checked in on LaTroy Hawkins, Ron Mahay, and Trever Miller but haven't made offers. However, Mark Feinsand says the Yanks are talking to Hawkins about a one-year deal worth between $3.25-3.5MM.
- Luis Vizcaino is probably out of the picture. George King adds Jeremy Affeldt to the list of free agents the Yanks are checking out.
- Peter Abraham says the Yanks are competing with the Royals for Mahay and that it might take three years, $9MM. Pete Caldera recently said Mahay wants three years and $12MM though. Bob Dutton notes that it's Mahay's agents pushing the Royals; they have little interest.
- Rob Biertempfel says the Yankees and Astros have interest in acquiring Damaso Marte from the Bucs. George King says John Grabow interests the Yanks as well.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Yankees Bullpen Situation: