Time for some early Monday odds and ends.
- Remember how White Sox GM Ron Schueler embarrassed Cubs GM Ed Lynch in 1998 by acquiring Jon Garland for Matt Karchner? Rany Jazayerli sees a parallel to that heist with the Royals' acquisition of Daniel Cortes as part of the July '06 Mike MacDougal trade.
- Mike Berardino's blog continues to entertain; this time with a Dan Miceli story. Ah, knife fights with siblings. Who among us can say they haven't had one or two?
- Buster Olney learned from Braves GM Frank Wren that Kelly Johnson has been the team's most asked-for player in trade talks this winter.
- The look on Kyle Kendrick's face is priceless.
- Extension talks with the Twins and Joe Nathan have gone dormant. Nathan still thinks the gap can be bridged but wants it done before the season begins.
- Andy Marte and Shin-Soo Choo are both out of options; when Choo comes back from elbow surgery a month into the season one of them could be traded.
- Henry Schulman says the White Sox may accept prospects from the Giants for Joe Crede.
- Derek Lowe is entering his walk year, and he hasn't had any extension talks with the Dodgers yet.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Odds and Ends: Kelly Johnson, Nathan, Crede: