SI.com's Jon Heyman just posted a new column.
- The Brewers and White Sox inquired on A's closer Huston Street. However, A's GM Billy Beane said "there is nothing going on" in regards to Street. The Sox were linked to both Street and Jon Rauch today, so Kenny Williams is clearly monitoring the relief market.
- Heyman says the Rays have not discussed Street with the A's, and the Dodgers "aren't believed to be heavily involved."
- Heyman is on board with the recent rumors about Ray Durham and Jack Taschner possibly heading to Milwaukee.
- Heyman also confirms Ken Rosenthal's report of the Phillies' interest in Matt Holliday. He agrees that these talks have cooled, but notes a good relationship between GMs Dan O'Dowd and Pat Gillick. Gillick and O'Dowd have matched up for three deals, two occuring while Gillick worked for the Mariners.
- The Dodgers continue to consider shortstop a priority. Heyman wonders if Cristian Guzman would be a fit, especially if extension talks sour. Jack Wilson and David Eckstein are other possibilities.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Heyman's Latest: Street, Durham, Holliday: