Baseball is back today, but rumors are a bit light. We'll kick it off with odds and ends.
- Susan Slusser reports "rumblings" around Justin Duchscherer. As you know, Duke hopes to sign an extension with the A's but they'll wait until after the season.
- The Nationals signed second round pick Destin Hood.
- Matt Holliday has heard rumors about a trade to the A's. I believe this originated as Ken Rosenthal speculation on June 22nd.
- Xavier Nady doesn't want to be traded, and has been "visibly bugged" by the recent rumors. Still, he and Damaso Marte are the most likely trade candidates for the Pirates.
- D.J. Carrasco actually does have an option left, so the White Sox can demote Carrasco or Adam Russell to Triple A but keep both.
- Ryan Divish heard a rumor that first baseman Bryan LaHair will get the call to the Majors. What will the corresponding roster move be for the Mariners?
- Jon Paul Morosi takes a look at the Tigers' most tradeable prospects, noting that several are currently injured.
- A Freddy Garcia update. His agent says they might be receptive to a multiyear deal, but prefer one year. He previously said a club option was not in the cards.
- NPB Tracker looks at the pros and cons of Barry Bonds signing with the Softbank Hawks.
- Jim Moore thinks the Mariners should trade Ichiro.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Odds and Ends: Nady, LaHair, Garcia, Bonds: