Tying up loose ends before lunch:
- The Mets are one of three teams that have inquired on the availability of Brian Giles. The Padres may be asking for Fernando Martinez in return.
- Larry Brooks of the NY Post, however, thinks the Mets shouldn't force a trade for an outfielder.
- The Tigers will intensify their hunt for relief help if Freddy Dolsi's shoulder keeps acting up. Dolsi was off since Monday, resting what the team deemed as a fatigued shoulder, and said he felt better after a side session on Friday.
- The Rays are still looking for a corner outfielder.
- MLB.com beat writer Bill Ladson believes the Nationals could trade Felipe Lopez before Thursday's non-waiver trade deadline. Regardless, he thinks Lopez will not be with the team next year.
- The Brewers are not interested in Jarrod Washburn. Melvin did talk to the Mariners about the left-handed pitcher, but the conversations took place prior to the CC Sabathia trade.
Alejandro A. Leal writes for UmpBump.com. Comments? Rumors? alexo05 [at] umpbump [daught] com.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Odds and Ends: Mets, Tigers, Rays, Nats: