So many links, so little time.
- Barry Bonds' agent, Jeff Borris, says the prospects of his client playing this year look bleak.
- The Tigers made their first Taiwan signing, adding outfielder Tang Chao-Ting.
- Aside from Jim Bowden's other problems, he's having a hard time finding common ground with the Nationals' top five draft picks.
- Interesting post at NPB Tracker contrasting Masa Kobayashi with Yasuhiko Yabuta and Kazuo Fukumori.
- The White Sox will have to choose between pitchers D.J. Carrasco and Adam Russell soon.
- Troy E. Renck heard "simmering buzz" that Omar Vizquel could retire right now, but Vizquel debunked it.
- 19 year-old Tigers starter Rick Porcello probably won't see big league time this year, but 19 year-old Mets outfielder Fernando Martinez has a chance.
- The Boston Globe's Nick Cafardo notes that outfielder Brandon Moss is a top trade chip for the Red Sox, but they don't want to deal him. Also, check out Cafardo's Q&A with Globe readers here. All sorts of informed Red Sox hot stove speculation in there. They're looking at lefty relievers and shortstops.
- Takashi Saito's elbow injury is worrisome - I wonder if they will put in a call on a Jon Rauch type or just ride it out with Jonathan Broxton. At least ten teams are interested in Rauch.
- Ron Gardenhire's wish list for the Twins: a lefty-mashing hitter and maybe bullpen help.
- Should the Orioles consider signing A.J. Burnett this winter, if he reaches free agency? They've flirted with him before.
- Another available lefty reliever to add to the list: the Braves' Will Ohman.
- Kurt Streeter believes the Angels should offer K-Rod four years and $55MM.
- Pure speculation - could the White Sox quietly enter the market for a starter?
- The MLB Trade Rumors daily email is currently broken...sorry about that. We're working on it.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Odds and Ends: Vizquel, Saito, Burnett, K-Rod: