Yesterday, the Giants traded second baseman Ray Durham to the Brewers for minor leaguers Darren Ford and Steve Hammond. They were ranked 21st and 27th among Brewers prospects heading into the season, according to Baseball America. Today let’s look at reactions to the trade.
- ESPN’s Keith Law considers Durham a useful addition for Milwaukee, albeit only offensively. He considers the prospects received by San Francisco to be "close to a zero return."
- The Giants picked up roughly half the money owed to Durham.
- The trade was jarring for Ford.
- Henry Schulman wonders if Rich Aurilia will be the next Giants veteran to go.
- Sam Mellinger notes that Durham is a reasonable comparable for Mark Grudzielanek.