Let's round up today's links.
- Great interview with SI.com's Jon Heyman at The Big Lead. He talks about scoops, Buster Olney, and his wife helping him do his job, among other things.
- Aaron Gleeman doesn't understand why the Twins claimed Alan Embree but not Chad Bradford.
- Unsurprisingly, the Mariners weren't able to find a trade partner for Jose Vidro.
- Richard Justice on what he'd have done as Astros GM.
- Tom Glavine's next six weeks will determine whether he'll pitch in '09.
- The Padres claimed reliever Brian Falkenborg from the Dodgers. Paul DePodesta likes his stuff.
- Danny Knobler writes about the Tigers' numerous offseason needs.
- Tim Marchman doesn't think the Yankees will have the money for multiple big-time free agent signings.
- The White Sox have signed seventh round OF Jordan Danks, brother of lefty pitcher John. Jordan hit .321/.444/.564 for the Texas Longhorns this year. The bonus is reportedly just north of $500K.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Odds and Ends: Heyman, Vidro, Glavine, Falkenborg: