WEDNESDAY: Amalie Benjamin sifts through the murky statements regarding the Epstein negotiations. Regardless, it looks like he's staying.
TUESDAY: According to Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe, Red Sox GM Theo Epstein has agreed to a contract extension. Some details still need to be hammered out though.
Epstein's moves since winning the World Series last year:
- Re-signed Mike Lowell, Curt Schilling, and Mike Timlin.
- Exercised options on Julian Tavarez and Tim Wakefield.
- Offered arbitration to Eric Gagne; selected Bryan Price with compensation pick.
- June draft picks also included Casey Kelly and Ryan Westmoreland.
- Acquired David Aardsma.
- Signed Bartolo Colon and Sean Casey.
- Traded Manny Ramirez, Craig Hansen, and Brandon Moss; received Jason Bay.
- Acquired Mark Kotsay and Paul Byrd.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Epstein Agrees To Extension: