Sunday afternoon means it's time to look back at the week and recap the major stories here on MLBTR. Let's take a look:
- Arizona made a move to help replace Orlando Hudson when they acquired David Eckstein from Toronto for minor league pitcher Chad Beck. Second major move we saw from the D'Backs in August, and it seems like a fair price to add some stability to the middle of their infield for the remainder of the season.
- Brief update on the Pedro Alvarez drama. The Pirates will not re-negotiate his contract even if that option is somehow allowed.
- Tim began a couple of new series this week, one being the Offseason Outlook series, which will take a look at potential signings and moves for each team this offseason. So far, the Giants, Mariners, Padres, and Orioles have been covered.
- Tim also broke down some of the free agent market, taking a look at free agent starters sorted by strikeout rate, and position players sorted by on-base percentage.
- Curious to see if your team's pitchers will be Type-A or B free agents? Here's a look at the Elias rankings for both American League and National League free agent starters.
- Speaking of starting pitchers, Randy Wolf (Type B) has decided that his desire to pitch closer to home wasn't as important as he originally thought. He'll be open to all options this offseason. Wolf has pitched well since being acquired by Houston, despite moving to a more hitter-friendly park.
- Can't say I'm surprised, but if you any Seattle fans were hoping for a big-name free agent this offseason, you'll have to wait a bit longer.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Week In Review: 8/31 - 9/6: