The Angels were eliminated, so it’s time to look forward to the offseason. Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times has the latest.
- Mark Teixeira said the right things again, about how his time with the Angels gives him something to think about as a free agent. Joel Sherman believes Tex is a great fit for the Yankees, even if he is the "ultimate Boras client." Sherman figures the Yanks, Red Sox, Orioles, and Angels will compete for Teixeira.
- Francisco Rodriguez‘s first choice is the Angels. Sherman believes the Angels’ apparent willingness to let K-Rod go is a warning sign for other teams like the Mets.
- Garret Anderson will be bought out for $3MM, and didn’t want to discuss whether he’d return after that. Shaikin says Chone Figgins could move to left field if Anderson leaves.
- Shaikin says the Angels have considered acquiring Dan Uggla as a way to compensate if Teixeira leaves. Uggla would probably play third base.
- John Lackey answered in the affirmative when asked whether he’d wait to see the Angels’ offensive plans before considering an extension. Lackey’s $9MM option is an easy decision but he is a free agent after the ’09 season.