ESPN's Jerry Crasnick lists nine possible free agent bargains in his column today. A few notes:
- Randy Johnson is looking for a one-year deal, and his agent says the list of interested clubs is approaching double figures. The Dodgers may make sense, though Johnson is on the backburner for them.
- Crasnick speculates that Philadelphia could be a nice fit for Felipe Lopez.
- Scott Boras seemingly wants a multiyear deal for Joe Crede, as he's using the Magglio Ordonez contract as a model. Maybe his new team would have the ability to opt out after the season if Crede hits the DL for back problems again. Crasnick mentions the Rangers as an interesting fit for Crede.
- Crasnick talked to execs who see Juan Rivera signing a two-year deal in the $6-8MM range.
- Also weighing in on free agent bargains: Dave Cameron at FanGraphs and ESPN's Keith Law.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Crasnick's Free Agent Bargains: