TUESDAY: MLB.com’s Marty Noble talked to a member of the Mets hierarchy who would be "very surprised" if Pedro re-signs.
MONDAY: SI.com’s Jon Heyman talked to Pedro Martinez’s agent, Fern Cuza. Cuza says his client will pitch next year, and "it’ll be fun to see the old Pedro again." He’s healthy now after last year’s hamstring injury.
The Mets will be in the mix. GM Omar Minaya reportedly told Mike Francesa of WFAN that he’ll make Pedro an offer "of some sort." You have to think Pedro will end up with a one-year, incentive-based deal somewhere.