4:54pm: More Rockies chatter from Troy Renck. The Rockies intend to sort out the Holliday/Atkins trade situations before moving on to other concerns such as the bullpen. They do like the idea of bringing Jeremy Affeldt back, though. Renck has the Twins and Indians kicking the tires on Atkins, while Tracy Ringolsby believes Michael Cuddyer could be a fit for Colorado.
11:18am: The latest Rockies buzz…
- Buster Olney says the Rockies are very motivated to move Matt Holliday. Olney wonders if the Rox might end up taking a bit less than expected for him. Troy Renck says various execs see the A’s and Phillies as the most likely matches for Holliday. The Rays are another possibility. GM Dan O’Dowd will be open-minded about the return.
- Renck also says the White Sox have contacted the Rockies about Willy Taveras.
- Renck talked to the agent for Doug Brocail, Brandon Lyon, and Kyle Farnsworth. All three are open to pitching in Colorado.
- Tracy Ringolsby says the Rockies have had "initial talks" with the Twins regarding Garrett Atkins. He wonders if the Angels could jump in later.
- Ringolsby suggests Brad Penny would be an interesting candidate for the Rockies.