Here's a look at the latest from Ken Rosenthal.
- Rosenthal says reports of the Blue Jays' four-year, $54MM offer to A.J. Burnett are inaccurate - they've yet to make a proposal. He's on board with Kat O'Brien's info from yesterday, noting Boston's interest.
- Scott Boras is apparently telling teams he wants "a Zito-type contract" for righty Derek Lowe. Lowe is 35, while Zito was 28. Is Boras implying that he wants $18MM a year? Obviously Lowe will not find a seven-year offer. ESPN's Buster Olney says Boras wants five years for Lowe.
- The Padres told the Yankees a Jake Peavy deal is possible even without Phil Hughes. They've scouted Hughes anyway, but he's off-limits.
- The Rockies will sit back and listen on Garrett Atkins and Huston Street. They don't plan on signing a free agent to replace Matt Holliday.
- The Mets want to add a righthanded bat, though they're not high on Pat Burrell.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Rosenthal's Latest: Burnett, Lowe, Peavy: