Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star has several Royals rumors this morning...
- Dutton says the Braves appear willing to trade Jeff Francoeur. While no trade talks have taken place, it's known that Royals GM Dayton Moore is a fan. Dutton speculates that the Royals would not give up Zack Greinke for Francoeur, but may consider offering Luke Hochevar, Danny Cortes, or Mark Teahen.
- The Royals and Mariners discussed a Billy Butler for Yuniesky Betancourt trade before the '07 season, and Dutton wonders if Seattle's new GM could reignite those talks.
- Dutton says the Mark Teahen to Cleveland rumor "just won't die," despite Moore labeling it an "absolute lie" on October 27th. It may be that Teahen is on the Indians' list but no talks have occurred.
- Will the Royals offer arbitration to second baseman Mark Grudzielanek? He's a Type B free agent, so it's under consideration. The risk is that he accepts.
- Another Royals rumor from Ken Davidoff of Newsday: they've expressed an interest in bringing Raul Ibanez back to Kansas City. The Mets and Cubs are other known suitors.
- ESPN's Keith Law says the Royals would like to sign Zack Greinke to a long-term deal, but if that fails they would make him available. Greinke, 25, is under team control for two more seasons.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Royals Rumors: Francoeur, Butler, Ibanez, Greinke: