The latest from Yahoo's Tim Brown...
- Bobby Abreu still wants $48MM over three years, according to Brown and Gordon Edes. Abreu may have lost three potential suitors today in the Cubs, Rays, and A's. Buster Olney suggests Abreu is "probably out on the ledge, more than any other player in the corner outfield market."
- Brown says the Dodgers, Orioles, Nationals and Mariners "seem to have the most interest in adding an outfielder." Haven't heard much about the Orioles looking for help there.
- Brown believes the Dodgers are "sitting on their original offer of two years and $45 million guaranteed" to Manny Ramirez. He says Scott Boras still wants four or five years at $25MM per.
- Starters on the Dodgers' radar: Randy Wolf, Jon Garland, and Braden Looper. Looper might be a new name.
- Kenshin Kawakami is apparently "drawing solid interest from the Braves, Cardinals, Red Sox, Twins and Orioles." It'd be surprising to see Boston sign him after getting Brad Penny.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Brown's Latest: Abreu, Manny, Looper: