Links for Saturday…
- According to Bill Dwyre of the LA Times Garret Anderson has no ill will towards the Angels.
- Steve Kelley of the Seattle Times thinks the Mariners need to sign Ken Griffey Jr. He adds that the Mariners may be "warming to the idea."
- The Kyodo News reports that the Blue Jays have finalized Ken Takahashi’s contract.
- According to Amalie Benjamin of the Boston Globe, Jason Varitek passed his physical.
- Jay Jaffe, Kevin Goldstein and Christina Kahrl of BP fill in the remaining holes on National League teams.
- Buster Olney of ESPN.com writes that players should "go the extra mile" to please fans in the weakened economy, as they did in 1995 after the strike.