Links for Thursday…
- Lot of people tossing around the number of unsigned free agents…I have it at about 80, at least if we draw the line at players that are remotely useful. Here’s my list.
- Joe Pawlikowski of River Ave. Blues would like to see the Yankees sign Mark Grudzielanek.
- Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle says the A’s will attend Andy Sisco‘s Friday workout.
- Scott Miller of CBSSports.com takes a stab at the All-Free Agent team.
- The Rockies did not acquire Matt Murton as a precursor to another deal, Troy Renck learned.
- The Blue Jays designated catcher Curtis Thigpen for assignment to make room for Brian Burres.
- Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star shows that MLB has done a nice job of keeping player salaries at 40-45% of the game’s revenue in recent years (as opposed to 62% in the NFL).
- RotoAuthority looks at how you can combine a Rich Harden type with a Randy Wolf type to create a top ten fantasy baseball starting pitcher.