Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone. Some Odds & Ends:
- Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star thinks the Royals should trade for Rich Hill.
- Adam Rubin of the New York Daily News estimates the Mets payroll to be $135MM this season, before Freddy Garcia or the $2.25MM owed to Willy Randolph.
- River Ave. Blues has a nice write up on the non-guaranteed nature of arbitration and the process of declining arbitration to free agents.
- The Dallas Morning News’ Anthony Andro peers into the future of the Rangers, ranked atop Baseball America’s organizational rankings. Writes Andro, "Since the magazine began rankings in 1984, a playoff appearance has followed within six years all but twice for the No. 1 club."
- Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald lists some of the quirkier signing bonuses and perks in the MLB, including Roy Oswalt’s bulldozer.