A few links for your Saturday night enjoyment:
- Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times details Bud Selig’s concern about how the state of the economy will effect baseball. Selig says that he "used to think we were recession-proof" but that "this is different."
- The economy might also effect the business of selling rooftop seats near Wrigley Field, writes Nancy Armour of the Associated Press.
- Jon Heyman of Sports Illustrated writes about the political stance that has Magglio Ordonez getting booed at the WBC.
- Scott Lauber of the Wilmington News Journal has excerpts from a press conference with Astros GM Ed Wade. Wade, the former Phillies GM, talks about last year’s World Series and discusses the Brad Lidge trade.
- John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle writes that Ken Macha’s challenge with the Brewers is reminiscent of one he faced with the A’s in 2005.