Links for Tuesday...
- Remember Mac Suzuki? According to MLB.com's Dick Kaegel, the Royals' first Japanese pitcher worked out for Kansas City and Cleveland and will audition for the Dodgers as well. He's spent the last three years in the Mexican League.
- Carlos Zambrano's second-favorite team is the White Sox, according to Chris De Luca of the Chicago Sun-Times. Big Z's contract with the Cubs runs through 2012 or 2013.
- Nationals acting GM Mike Rizzo told Chico Harlan of the Washington Post he's received a lot of phone calls about his outfield/first base logjam.
- RotoAuthority runs through all 30 closer situations. Print it out and bring it to your draft.
- Cole Hamels update: no structural damage to his elbow. ESPN's Buster Olney says it's inflammation.
- Hal McCoy heard from a scout that the Reds might be shopping pitcher Nick Masset, who is out of options.
- Baseball America's Jim Callis says about 42-44% of first-round draft picks have significant big league careers.
- "Only a physical and minor details" remain on Ivan Rodriguez's one-year, $1.5MM deal with the Astros, according to Jose de Jesus Ortiz of the Houston Chronicle.
- Free agent outfielder Luis Gonzalez still hopes to play in 2009. Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic says the D'Backs' interest only lies in post-retirement employment.
- According to Adam Rubin of the New York Daily News, the Mets have begun the process of returning Rule 5 pick Rocky Cherry to the Orioles. UPDATE: Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post says the O's rejected Cherry and the Mets released him.
- This week's chat has been moved to Thursday at 2pm CST.
Full Story | Comments (12) | Categories: Arizona Diamondbacks | Baltimore Orioles | Carlos Zambrano | Chicago Cubs | Chicago White Sox | Cincinnati Reds | Cleveland Indians | Cole Hamels | Houston Astros | Ivan Rodriguez | Kansas City Royals | Los Angeles Dodgers | Luis Gonzalez | New York Mets | Nick Masset | Philadelphia Phillies | Rocky Cherry | RotoAuthority | Washington Nationals
Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
NL Notes: Hamels, Morse, Diamondbacks, Walker Kole Calhoun To Miss Four To Six Weeks Minor Moves: Giants Release Dontrelle Willis Padres Notes: Gyorko, Headley, Cashner Rangers Outright Daniel McCutchen Athletics Claim Marcus Walden Off Waivers From Blue Jays Mets Outright Lannan, Promote Matsuzaka AL West Notes: Astros, Franklin, Walker, Reddick Morales Rejected $30MM Extension Last Summer Astros To Promote George Springer Astros To Designate Lucas Harrell For Assignment Minor Moves: Scott Cousins NL Notes: Johnson, Cubs, Bradley Ryan Zimmerman To Miss Four to Six Weeks Athletics Release Joe Blanton
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors