SI.com's Jon Heyman has a new column up; here are some highlights:
- Heyman spoke with a Nats person who described college pitcher Stephen Strasburg's curve as a "legit hammer." The Nats will have the chance to draft him with their first overall pick this June.
- The Nats could have a solid young rotation soon if they add Strasburg to go along with Shairon Martis and Jordan Zimmermann, both 22. John Lannan and Scott Olsen are only 24 and 25, respectively.
- There has been contact between the Nats and Pedro Martinez, though Heyman writes that Pedro makes more sense for a team trying to win now.
- Speculation that Cliff Lee could be dealt is "not crazy at all," especially considering that last year's C.C. Sabathia deal worked well for both the Indians and Brewers.
- Heyman also weighs in on the latest Alex Rodriguez controversy.