It's time for a new Ken Rosenthal column. He's cranking these out daily now?
- Add Rosenthal to the list of columnists who don't understand why the Mets don't just use Daniel Murphy at first base.
- The Rockies have kicked around a Garrett Atkins for Mark DeRosa swap, but it doesn't work from the Cleveland side. Rosenthal likes the Brewers and Mets as possible fits for DeRo.
- If the Red Sox are to trade Clay Buchholz or Michael Bowden, they'd want an elite hitter under similar team control (for example, Justin Smoak or Brett Wallace). Players aren't eligible to be traded until a year after signing, anyway.
- Given his injury situation, Rosenthal does not see Brandon Webb as a viable trade candidate this summer. More likely, a Jon Garland deal.
- Rosenthal sees Joe Beimel as a trade chip for Washington if he starts pitching decently.