Writers are rolling in the draft recaps. Let's see if we can't keep up with a few:
- The Mets took a majority of pitchers and outfielders, says MLB.com's Tim Britton.
- The Angels' second day was highlighted with University of Washington QB Jake Locker, says MLB's Lyle Spencer.
- The Dodgers snagged Jeremy Wise, Big 12 player of the year and one of three catchers in their draft, according to David Ely at MLB.com.
- 20 of the Indians' 30 draft choices were pitchers this year, notes Anthony Castrovince.
- The Red Sox took mostly pitchers, but struck an even balance between high school and college talent, note Joe McDonald and Daniel Barbarisi at the Providence Journal.
- According to Wayne Staats at MLB.com, Pirates GM Neal Huntington says 21 of the 30 players drafted have asked for six figures.
- B.J. Rains recaps the Cardinals' second draft day, which erred on the side of college talent after a few high-upside prep school picks on day one.
- The Marlins aimed to restock their pitching, says David Villaveciencio at MLB.com.
- ESPN's tireless Keith Law recaps Day 2 for a few teams, including the Pirates and A's (subscription req'd).