On this day in MLBTR history, the Padres hadn't decided whether to be buyers or sellers. A lot's changed since last year, but many teams face a similar dilemma now. Here are some links for the morning…
- Coco Crisp will miss the rest of the season with a torn labrum, according to Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star.
- Andy McCullough of the Star-Ledger reports that former MLB closer Armando Benitez is pitching for the Newark Bears, hoping for another shot in the big leagues.
- Prospect Bryce Harper knows he's "not LeBron yet," according to the AP.
- Mark Teixeira says he loved playing in Atlanta and still considers it a "home" of his, according to MLB.com's Mark Bowman.
- D'Backs first rounder A.J. Pollock will begin his pro career in Class A South Bend, according to MLB.com's Jesse Sanchez.
- Jeff Wilson of the Dallas Morning News says the Rangers want to improve their 'pen.
- A pair of starters may not pitch again this season. Nick Piecoro says Brandon Webb may need shoulder surgery and Mike DiGiovanna says Kelvim Escobar has a "deep ache" in his shoulder.
- Click here to listen to my discussion with the Benchwarmers on 590 KFNS in St. Louis last night.