More links for Wednesday evening…
- In this SI.com article, Joel Sherman reports that Rockies GM Dan O'Dowd isn't sure what to think about his team just yet. "The next five weeks will determine who we really are," he said.
- ESPN.com's Rob Neyer believe the Rockies are for real.
- ESPN.com's Peter Gammons says the Rangers, Red Sox, Mets, Rays and Tigers are among the teams that could be interested in Ryan Spilborghs.
- David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution says Brian McCann and Joe Mauer are two of the best hitting catchers of his lifetime.
- Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News reports the Giants signed third rounder Chris Dominguez.
- Keith Law of ESPN.com says Bryce Harper needs a challenge, so enrolling in junior college was the right call. Here's a video clip (insider only) of Harper taking some cuts.
- East Windup Chronicle says the Cubs signed a Taiwanese high schooler, Chen Pin-chie, to a minor league deal.
- This year's rookies haven't overwhelmed as a group, but that doesn't stop ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick from highlighting nine of the game's most impressive first year players.