ESPN.com's Buster Olney has the latest on some of baseball's biggest names:
- Pedro Martinez's stuff hasn't been good enough to tempt GMs to meet his salary demands, especially since few teams can spend. However, Olney says Pedro could attract more serious interest if he lowered his price.
- The Mets have $5MM or so in payroll flexibility.
- The A's may have to contribute towards Matt Holliday's salary if he's dealt.
- Some executives believe the Indians are about to begin marketing Mark DeRosa more seriously.
- He could fit on the Cubs, Cardinals and Mets. Olney guesses DeRosa ends up in St. Louis.