More links as we sift through all the trades and slowly realize that there are actual games to be played, too:
- MLB.com's Kelly Thesier passes on a nice line from the Twins' latest addition, Orlando Cabrera. When asked why he's happy to join the team, Cabrera said "Who doesn't like M&Ms?"
- Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle says the Astros did the right thing by holding onto the players that could help them win this year and the prospects that could help them win in the future.
- The Angels had no restrictions from owner Arte Moreno, but weren't comfortable making any deals, according to MLB.com.
- SI.com's Tom Verducci lists the Tigers, Red Sox and Phillies as his deadline winners.
- Acting GM Mike Rizzo says the Nats are in building mode, not rebuilding mode, acccording to MASN's Pete McElroy. Pretty soon they'll have to be in Stephen Strasburg mode, since they have just over two weeks to sign their top pick.