A few more links for your evening…
- Jon Weisman of the LA Times reports that the movie based on “Moneyball” has once again been green-lighted with Aaron Sorkin signed on to finish the script.
- The Mariners have signed their supplemental first round pick, Steven Baron, for $980K.
- Keith Law reports that negotiations between the Brewers and one of their supplemental picks, #39 overall Kentrail Davis, have “gotten ugly” after the Brewers agreed to his demands and then he turned it down.
- Joel Sherman reports that if Roy Halladay is traded to the NL before the All-Star game, he will not be permitted to pitch in the mid-summer classic for the AL, but could be allowed to pitch for the NL representing his new team.
- Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News says the Roy Halladay situation is unlike two other situations in which big-name pitchers were traded within the AL East, including David Cone and Roger Clemens.