Some links to read on the day Alex Rodriguez turns 34…
- Angels manager Mike Scioscia told Ben Bolch of the LA Times that teams in the market for pitching will have to overpay for it.
- Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski told Drew Sharp of the Detroit Free Press that it's a seller's market because many teams remain within range of a playoff spot.
- The Royals are converting shortstop Tony Pena Jr. into a pitcher according to Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star.
- As Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review shows, Ian Snell has dominated Triple A hitters. Snell has said he doesn't want to return to the Pirates, so he has attracted interest as a trade chip, specifically from the Yankees.
- Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times wonders if Clayton Richard's future is in the rotation, the 'pen, or on a team other than the White Sox.
- Patrick Newman of NPB Tracker passes along a quote from Bobby Valentine, who says it's time for him to leave the Chiba Lotte Marines after the season.