More links as we count down the hours to the deadline…
- Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times asks if the Mariners should listen to offers for Felix Hernandez, in the event they cannot sign him long-term.
- SI's Tom Verducci sees Arizona exec Jerry DiPoto as "the frontrunner for the Nationals GM job."
- Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald says the Red Sox are looking for a right-handed hitting fourth outfielder who plays good defense. He mentions Willie Bloomquist and Cody Ross as possible fits.
- The Marlins are looking to make moves, but it's unclear where they'd want to upgrade, according to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald. They could add a starter, a reliever or a position player, but don't expect them to trade prospects Logan Morrison and Mike Stanton. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports says the Fish "are split on whether to acquire a hitter or starting pitcher."
- Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times reports that Cubs GM Jim Hendry wants to make a deal, but doesn't expect to make a "splashy" one.
- The Rockies could use an experienced lefty reliever, according to MLB.com.