Some links to (maybe) cap an already wild day in rumor-land:
- Joe McDonald at the Providence Journal thinks the Red Sox need to make a major deal.
- Dan Novick at the Hardball Times wonders if the Lee trade was a win-win.
- John Campanelli at the Cleveland Plain-Dealer gets reactions from Indians fans on the Lee deal. Suffice to say, they ain't happy.
- Nationals acting manager Jim Riggleman wants to see the team's core remain intact, says Chico Harlan at the Washington Post.
- Marc Topkin at the St. Petersburg Times says the Rays "seem unlikely" to make a big deal.
- Geoff Baker at the Seattle Times thinks the Mariners' deals today for Ian Snell and Jack Wilson probably spell some more trades on the horizon–potentially involving Jarrod Washburn.
- The Nationals released Julian Tavarez today, who had cleared waivers. Corey Patterson also cleared waivers and has been released from the Triple A club, reports Bill Ladson at MLB.com.
- David Laurila at Baseball Prospectus has a profile and some quotes from new Pirate Tim Alderson.