Some more links as we near the deadline for signing draft picks…
- Jim Callis of Baseball America creates a handy chart to let us know how much money the unsigned draft picks are seeking.
- Callis reports that the Giants signed Brandon Belt for $200k and the Rangers signed Shawn Blackwell for $300k.
- Paul Hagen of the Philadelphia Daily News says the Phillies should at least consider making a run at Billy Wagner if he's healthy.
- Rockies manager Jim Tracy tells Karen Price of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that he admires his former club, the Pirates, for boldly trying to acquire the talent to become an NL Central force and remain one for years.
- MLB.com's Doug Miller speaks to Jarrod Washburn and other major leaguers about the effect trades have on players and their families.
- Nats manager Jim Riggleman told Chico Harlan of the Washington Post that the negotiations between the team and Stephen Strasburg are likely to be too complicated for those in uniform to worry about.