Some links on this not-necessarily-manic Monday:
- Jen Langosch at MLB.com has a nice scorecard put together of the Pirates' recent acquisitions and how they've performed so far, as well as a rundown of the players they were dealt for.
- Fred Mitchell at the Chicago Tribune has an amusing piece about the lengths what MLB general managers go to keep their stress levels low this time of year.
- MLB.com beat reporter Lyle Spencer answers fan questions, including why they let Roy Halladay get away.
- Jim Callis at Baseball America re-ranks the Pirates' and Indians' systems after their major prospect acquisitions.
- Brian Hoch at MLB.com answers Yankees fans' questions, specifically about the trade deadline and why the team was mostly inactive.
- R.J. Anderson at Fangraphs re-visits the circumstances that led to the Rays obtaining Wade Townsend, who was released today.