Some more links as everyone reels from the bench-clearing madness:
- Count in Mets manager Jerry Manuel as a proponent of bringing back Gary Sheffield next year, says Bart Hubbuch at the New York Post. We learned earlier today Sheffield would prefer not to be traded.
- The Diamondbacks signed a couple notable draft picks today, reports Nick Piecoro at the Arizona Republic–no. 41 overall selection SS Chris Owings was given a $950k bonus, while 13th-round LHP Patrick Schuster was given an above-slot sum of $450k.
- Blue Jays GM J.P. Ricciardi hasn't signed any of the team's first five selections, but "they will eventually sign," he believes, says MLB.com's Jordan Bastian.
- The Brewers signed fifth-rounder and two-sport athlete D'Vontrey Richardson, says Jim Callis at Baseball America, for a bonus of $400k.
- Callis also reports that the Giants have come to terms with fifth-rounder Matthew Graham to the tune of $500k.
- Anthony Castrovince at MLB.com says the Indians are "maintaining dialogue" with their top pick, Alex White.