A roundup of links before the evening comes to a close:
- Alyson Footer at MLB.com wonders if Miguel Tejada's suggestion to play third for the Astros in 2010 isn't such a bad idea.
- The father of the Rays' first round pick Levon Washington says the Rays didn't abide by the pre-draft agreement the two sides had come to, says Marc Topkin at the St. Petersburg Times. Washington was reportedly offered $1.1MM. Washington will enter next year's draft.
- Gritty and Clutch examines whether the Yankees got their moneys' worth in payroll this season (h/t River Ave. Blues).
- Matthew Leach at MLB.com gets player and management reaction in the fallout of the Cards' John Smoltz acquisition.
- Kevin Baxter at the L.A. Times says that Vicente Padilla will have to pass a physical before he can join the Dodgers.