Links for Tuesday...
- Chat today, 2pm CST.
- The Rangers designated pitcher Thomas Diamond for assignment, according to MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan. Diamond was the 10th overall pick in the 2004 draft. He was considered the #52 prospect in the game by Baseball America in '05, but he had Tommy John surgery in '07 and dealt with shoulder soreness this year.
- ESPN's Buster Olney says the Angels were in on Brad Penny, with a bullpen role in mind.
- Stephen Strasburg has a few things to learn about dealing with media attention, says John Feinstein of the Washington Post.
- Mariners Associate GM Lee Pelekoudas has resigned to pursue other career opportunities, according to a team press release. Pelekoudas was the Ms' interim GM before Jack Zduriencik was hired. He spent 30 years in the organization.
- USA Today's Paul White writes about the stigma of a college degree for ballplayers.
- Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star suggests newly-extended GM Dayton Moore, and not the Glass family, is accountable for the Royals' future performance.
- Reliever Luis Ayala, recently designated for assignment by the Marlins after pitching badly, was upset by the team's "lack of respect" (Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reporting). Ayala earned $1.3MM for his 5.63 ERA this year in 40 innings.
Full Story | Comments (11) | Categories: Brad Penny | Dayton Moore | Kansas City Royals | Lee Pelekoudas | Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim | Luis Ayala | Miami Marlins | Seattle Mariners | Stephen Strasburg | Thomas Diamond | Washington Nationals
Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins To Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan Rays Acquire Ryan Hanigan Tigers Sign Joe Nathan Red Sox Sign A.J. Pierzynski Athletics Acquire Jim Johnson For Jemile Weeks Nationals Acquire Doug Fister From Tigers Athletics Sign Scott Kazmir Mariners To Sign Willie Bloomquist Blue Jays To Sign Dioner Navarro Twins To Sign Phil Hughes Rays To Re-Sign Juan Carlos Oviedo Giants Re-Sign Ryan Vogelsong Twins Sign Ricky Nolasco Reds Re-Sign Manny Parra
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Curtis Granderson Rumors: Thursday Rakuten Golden Eagles May Not Post Masahiro Tanaka MLBPA Names Dave Winfield Special Assistant To Tony Clark Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Scott Feldman Targeting Three-Year Deal Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson MLB, NPB Reach Agreement On Posting System AL East Notes: Yankees, Ellsbury, Red Sox, Peguero NPB Officials Planning To Accept $20MM Maximum Posting Fee NL Notes: Mets, Nats, Reds, Samardzija, Rockies, D-Backs Orioles Interested In Choo, Cruz, Jimenez AL West Notes: Rangers, Arencibia, Kazmir, Hughes, Mariners Dodgers Nearing Agreement With Brian Wilson Central Notes: Tigers, Castellanos, Beltran, Konerko, Twins
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors