A fresh roundup of links for Wednesday evening…
- According to MLB.com's Anthony Castrovince, it's highly unlikely the Indians will look within to fill their managing vacancy. Former Tribe pitcher and current Red Sox pitching coach John Farrell has been thrown around as a possible candidate by fans and media types in Cleveland.
- David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution thinks impending free agent Tim Hudson is going to want to re-sign with Atlanta this offseason, even after they reject his $12MM 2010 option. Hudson just built a dream home in nearby Auburn, Alabama and his wife is heavily involved in the community.
- ESPN.com's Jorge Arangure goes in-depth on the Twins' signing of Miguel Angel Sano. Arangure believes agent Rob Plummer did a fantastic job with the deal.
- Gordon Edes of Yahoo! Sports takes a cue from MLBTR's own Mike Axisa with a comparison of soon-to-be free agent outfielders Jason Bay and Matt Holliday.
- As noted by Bill Ladson of MLB.com, Nationals GM Mike Rizzo indicated Wednesday that interim manager Jim Riggleman is a candidate for the permanent gig. "Jim has done a great job. It's going to be an intense offseason and a busy," Rizzo said. "The ultimate goal is to make us a better ball club."