A slew of Thursday night links from around the majors....
- Jon Heyman of SI.com reports (via Twitter) that coveted hitting coach Rudy Jaramillo appears likely to join the Chicago Cubs.
- Byron Kerr of MASN.com doesn't expect Washington Nationals GM Mike Rizzo to name a new manager until at least November. According to MLB.com's Bill Ladson, the team will consider Chip Hale, Bobby Valentine, Bob Melvin, and perhaps Dave Duncan (if he's available), in addition to interim skipper Jim Riggleman.
- Meanwhile, another managerial search continues in Houston. Adam McCalvy of MLB.com writes that candidate Ned Yost thinks he benefited from a year away from a baseball job.
- Todd Zolecki of MLB.com wonders if Brett Myers is done in Philadelphia. Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. says that even though Myers didn't make the team's NLCS roster, that doesn't necessarily mean the righty won't be back in 2010.
- Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that it doesn't sound like Will Clark will be a candidate for the San Francisco Giants' open hitting coach position.
- David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution follows up on the recent Tim Hudson speculation. O'Brien thinks the Braves and Hudson might be able to agree on a three-year deal worth about $27-30MM.
- Eric Byrnes met with Diamondbacks GM Josh Byrnes and manager A.J. Hinch to discuss his future in Arizona, according to MLB.com's Steve Gilbert.
Full Story | Comments (16) | Categories: Arizona Diamondbacks | Atlanta Braves | Brett Myers | Chicago Cubs | Eric Byrnes | Houston Astros | Philadelphia Phillies | San Francisco Giants | Tim Hudson | Washington Nationals
Mets To Sign Bartolo Colon Mariners Acquire Logan Morrison Mariners To Sign Corey Hart Nationals Acquire Jerry Blevins Pirates Extend Charlie Morton Rockies Acquire Brett Anderson D-Backs Acquire Mark Trumbo In Three-Team Deal With Angels, White Sox White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins To Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros Sign Scott Feldman Mets Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Giants To Sign Mike Morse Phillies To Sign Roberto Hernandez Padres Acquire Patrick Schuster To Complete Anthony Bass Trade Marlins, Cubs Swap Ruggiano For Bogusevic 2013 Rule 5 Draft Results Marlins Nearing Justin Ruggiano Trade Angels Acquire Brian Moran Diamondbacks, Angels Considered Favorites For Garza NL Central Links: Walker, Alvarez, Cards, Rule 5 Giants Still Looking To Add Right-Handed Outfielder AL Notes: Twins, Pelfrey, O's, Yankees, Royals Phillies Have Agreement With Back-Of-Rotation Starter Joaquin Benoit Seeking $7-10MM Annually Winter Meetings Review: Day 3 NL East Notes: Mets, Marlins, Phillies, Blevins
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors