Let's check out some links to cap off the afternoon:
- Marlins president David Samson says that he is not aware of any talks with Bobby Valentine, according to Dan Gelston of the Associated Press. Current manager Fredi Gonzalez is signed through 2011. Gordon Edes of Yahoo Sports reports that Samson would not dispel speculation that Gonzalez' job may be in jeopardy.
- Bengie Molina wants to remain in San Francisco, writes Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News. Molina is seeking a raise from the $6MM he made this season in a two-year pact. Baggarly says that the Giants are going to ask for a lower base, as the 35-year-old is likely to catch less games as time progresses. The article names Ramon Hernandez and Jason Kendall as veteran catchers who could replace Molina if he is not retained. Molina projects as a Type A free agent.
- As the season comes to a close, players are looking ahead to the prospect of playing winter ball. After logging 171.1 IP this season, the Reds are considering keeping Johnny Cueto from playing in the Dominican Republic, reports MLB.com's Mark Sheldon. Meanwhile, the Mets' Bobby Parnell would prefer not to play winter ball after going through the grind of his first full big league season, writes Marty Noble of MLB.com. Manager Jerry Manuel says that not pitching in winter ball will not effect his candidacy as a starter for the Mets next season.
- Ken Davidoff of Newsday posted selections from his Sunday Insider column. Davidoff says that Jim Fregosi - who worked with Houston GM Ed Wade in Philadelphia - appears to be a candidate for the Astros managerial position. Recently, Wade said that he doesn't expect Craig Biggio or Jeff Bagwell to become the team's next manager.
- Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel writes via Twitter, "I will be very surprised if Rick Peterson is not the Brewers' next pitching coach. He appears to be the leading candidate by far."
- Haudricourt also tweets that Ryan Braun wants the club to capitalize on their "small window...to win"
Jason Bartlett To Retire Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets Athletics Extend Sean Doolittle Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Yankees Designate Cesar Cabral For Assignment Minor Moves: Brian Omogrosso, Ji-Man Choi, Rafael Perez Jason Bartlett To Retire Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets Mets And Pirates Working On Ike Davis Trade Diamondbacks Designate Ryan Rowland-Smith White Sox Place Donnie Veal On Outright Waivers Brewers Sign Jeremy Jeffress Athletics Extend Sean Doolittle Rangers Designate Andy Parrino For Assignment Red Sox Designate Ryan Roberts For Assignment Freddy Garcia Close To Signing With Team In Asia Chicago Notes: Samardzija, Hoyer, Hoffman, Sale Several Teams Interested In Manny Ramirez Hanrahan Talking With Multiple Clubs Following Showcase
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors